5 Benefits of Using Training Treats with Your Dog
Do you ever find yourself on a dog walk and your dog gets distracted and doesn't come back to you on recall or you're out having a meal and your dog is struggling to settle?
We have found that in these situations, carrying a small bag of training treats with us has many benefits:
1. Reinforcement: Treats can be used to reinforce desired behaviours such as walking and heeling on the lead, coming back to you on recall or when a situation requires them to sit down and be calm.
2. Motivation: Treats can motivate a dog to pay attention especially when there is a lot going on around them and they may be distracted by sounds, people etc.
3. Positive Reinforcement: If your dog has been extremely well behaved or has followed 1 of your commands then giving them a treat can help their enthusiasm and motivation for training and being better behaved.
4. Bonding: Treats can help build a bond between a dog and their owner by providing a positive experience and creating positive associations.
5. Encouragement: Treats can provide encouragement for a dog to continue trying new behaviours and learning new skills.
We have a great natural dog training treats selection of meat, fish and vegetarian training treats so that there is something for all dogs to enjoy!
Have a look at what we have to offer and if you are new to using training treats, why not give them a try and see if they make a difference to your walk or meal out!
Please remember that if you are going to be doing a training session or in a situation where you will be rewarding your dog with a lot of training treats that you have water available and that you also look at decreasing their meals that day as you don't want to end up overfeeding them.